Saturday, January 26, 2013

Starting Over

I've been out of the loop lately. Just not taking the time to blog. I miss having a diary of things that happen here at Desert Peach so I'm going to make a New Years Resolution to blog more often.
Our guardian dog Simon is slowly growing. His body is grown and his brain is just now getting the idea that sheep are not big squeaky toys. 

Casey just turned two in December. I can't believe at this size and ages these dogs can still be puppies. They are just too playful when the sheep are so it's not time to start trusting them to live full time with the sheep. We're getting there!
Last week we had our first great covering of pogonib. I walk the dogs two or three times a day out with the sheep. This morning it wasn't easy to see threw the fence. Simon has a frosted face.
Heading back to the house. In this picture we still have 4-6 inches of snow. Our area always gets snow in the winter but this stuff has been here since before Christmas that is unusual. Most times a good snow will melt before a few weeks pass.

I think the ewe's enjoy the weather when its cold.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome back to blogland, Mim!

Laura said...

Glad you're back! It's funny how long the big dogs stay "puppies"!

I still have snow, too, which is also very unusual for here. It's starting to melt, but that means mud...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Heidi

Dianne @ Sweet Journey Home said...

So great to see you back! The "puppies" are gorgeous and will, no doubt, be very good at their job eventually!

Sharon said...

Speaking of back, I think every week of getting over for a visit and then I get sucked up into something unimportant.

DCAja said...

love this blog!
sdi

admin said...

great blog Cek resi wahana express