Monday, March 31, 2008

First Lamb in 2008


Here is Oma's first lamb and my first lamb of 2008! Born March 28th her name will be Desert Peach Zephyr (Zephie) weighing in at a big 5 lbs and born during one of our famous Washoe Zephyrs. She had a brother (Washoe) but he died the day after he was born. Still looking into that to see what could have caused his death. This is also Newton's (dad's) first lamb to be born. I wanted some genetics with spots and it looks like it worked! Oma is not into letting me get near for a close up so I settled for an action shot!

4 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Welcome to blogging! Glad you decided to do it, I was actually going to email you after I saw the picture of Zephyr on Sharon's blog and suggest you start your own :)
Good lookin' lamb, cant wait to see her in person!

Sharon said...

Becky beat me to welcoming you, darnit. Anyway, welcome. I'm so glad you've decided to come out and play ;^)

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

The more I look at that picture, the more I love it! She is flat movin'! I dont think her feet are even touching the ground in that shot lol

Michelle said...

Hi, Mimi! I have heard of you from Becky and Sharon, and see you have started a blog. I love following other Shetland blogs; it takes up WAY too much of my time. So shame on you for adding another one! (VBG)